YEAR FOUR FIRST TERM MATHEMATICS SCHEME
Multiplication Tables up to 12
Squares and square roots of numbers up to 20
1. Revision of whole numbers/counting, writing and ordering up to 999999.
2. a) Place value up to 7 digit numbers
b) Writing numbers up to 7 digits in words and figures.
3. a) Approximation and Estimation to the nearest 10 and 100
b)Round any positive numbers less than 1000 to the nearest 10 or 100
4. Counting in 5s, 7s and 60s (application to real life situations)
5. Addition and Subtraction of Roman Numerals
6. Word problems on addition and subtraction of 5 digit numbers.
7. MID-TERM BREAK
8. Word problems on Multiplication and Division of whole numbers (3 digits by 2 digits).
9. Word problems: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division of whole numbers
(3 digits by 1 digit).
10. Word problems / Revision
- What is computer?
- Computer parts
- Types (Input-Processing-Output, Storage)
Working with Text
- Preparing a document / Find & Replace
- Changing Page Orientation/ Alignment
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Tree diagrams
- Creating branching database
-Introduction and Using Basic Tools
- Making Invitation cards
- Making Flyers/ Posters
- Teacher: Imoh Etim